TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- CONTRAINDICATION - TENS/NMS UNITS SHOULD NOT BE USED BY PERSONS WITH HEART PACEMAKERS OR SERIOUS HEART RHYTHM PROBLEMS. People with heart disease or epilepsy should be evaluated by a doctor first before using a unit.
- The person purchasing the TENS/NMS will discuss its use with their Doctor / Physiotherapist. TENS/NMS should be used under medical guidance.
- TENS/NMS should not be used by pregnant women before 36 weeks without medical advice, or at anytime on the abdomen during pregnancy.
- TENS/NMS should not be placed on the head, front or side of neck, over the heart or on broken and inflamed skin.
- TENS/NMS electrodes should not be applied internally or to areas of skin where normal sensation is absent.
- TENS /NMS equipment should not be used while bathing, showering or swimming.
- TENS/NMS machines should not be used while operating vehicles or potentially hazardous equipment.
- TENS/NMS equipment poses a danger to children and should be kept out of their reach.
- Electronic monitoring equipment can be affected by TENS/NMS use.
- NATURES GATE shall not be responsible or liable for any injury or damage sustained as a result of mis-using a machine.
- TENS should only be used for fully diagnosed pain conditions. TENS is of no curative value; it is a symptomatic treatment, which suppresses pain symptoms.
- IF IN DOUBT CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR.
OBSTETRIC TENS HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Natures Gate Obstetric TENS machine is supplied on understanding that it will be used only by the person whose name appears on the booking form.
- The person hiring the unit will have discussed the use of a TENS machine during their labour with the medical practitioner in charge of their care and will have received the practitioners approval.
- TENS use will be by specifically following Natures Gate’s instructions for use and under medical supervision and guidance.
- It could be unsafe to practice with a TENS machine prior to 36 weeks of pregnancy. Units are sent out between 36 and 37 weeks, but in the event of a change in due date, Natures Gate must be notified.
- The success of TENS during labour cannot be guaranteed.
- The machine will be supplied to the best of our ability in perfect working order ready for use, with a fully charged battery. The hirer should check the contents of the hire pack upon receipt and familiarise themselves with the obstetric TENS and the instructions. The hirer must advise Natures Gate of any problems whatsoever immediately. Natures Gate accepts no responsibility where the hirer fails to do so and renders it impossible for Natures Gate to take any corrective action.
- Return of the TENS unit to Natures Gate is the responsibility of the hirer. The unit should be returned immediately after use in the same condition in which it was received. Should the unit fail to be returned by the last day of the rental period there will be an additional charge of £5.00 for each and every week or any part of a week over and above the hire period until the TENS is returned.
- Should the unit be returned to us damaged, contaminated with bodily fluids, broken or with any shortages we reserve the right to charge the cost of any repairs or replacement parts to the hirer. Should the unit be lost or stolen while on hire, it will be the hirer's responsibility to pay Natures Gate the full replacement cost of the unit.
- TENS electrodes should be placed on the back according to instructions during labour and can be placed on limbs during practice sessions. Electrodes SHOULD NOT be placed on the head, neck, over the heart or on broken or inflamed skin.
- TENS SHOULD NOT BE USED BY PERSONS WITH CARDIAC PACEMAKERS.
- TENS machines pose a danger to children and should be kept out of their reach.
- ELECTRONIC FETAL MONITORING EQUIPMENT can be affected by TENS use.
- In the event of a booking being cancelled the rental fee will be returned less an administration fee of £5.00. No refund will be made after the TENS has been dispatched to the hirer, or for non use of a machine.
- Natures Gate shall not be held responsible or liable for any injury or damage sustained as a result of mis-using our TENS unit.
Delivery and Returns
If the customer has requested the item to be left in an unsecured area, for example a shed, porch, outside bin, Natures Gate is not responsible if the order is not received by the customer. The customer is liable to pay for replacement goods and postage.